Update 1.0.8 (March 2013)
- Fixes: A fix for a bug which affected a small number of customers where the app appeared to crash when opening a plan or generating a thumbnail image of the plan.
- Fix: Seed catalogs for many 2013 catalogs which had been missing from the previous version are now updated and included.
Update 1.0.7 (January 2013)
- Fixes and Tracking: A fix for several occasional minor bugs. Further tracking to help diagnose any bugs.
- Preparation for new functionality in 2013: New features will be anounced soon.
Update 1.0.6 (November 2012)
- Layer locking - This makes it easy to edit just one 'layer' of the plan - for example, just the plants, just the shapes or just the text boxes.
- Multi-Copy & Paste: It's now possible to copy and paste multiple objects all in one go and the new multi-selection toolbar makes it simple to add or remove objects from your selection before copying or deleting.
- App Manual: We have written a comprehensive manual for the app which is now available from the Guides page and from the support box.
- Usability Improvements: Many small changes to make the app even more useful, including the size of an object or row of plants showing briefly when it's selected, grid lines on published plans, plant spacing information on the Plant List when in landscape mode.
- Fixes and Tracking: A fix for an occasional rotation issue in iOS6 and a fix for the Activate Account screen hanging sometimes. Improved tracking to help diagnose any bugs.
Update 1.0.5 (June 2012)
- A number of visual improvements to the user interface to offer better visibility, particularly on darker screens and when out planting in the sunshine.
- We've made a number of functional changes to the user interface to make it easier to find and explain key features, such as the Square Foot Gardening mode and Undo/Redo support.
- High resolution images for retina screen iPads.
- Fixes to plan synchronisation that has been impacting a small number of users.
- Plan publishing to the web is now available.
- An issue has been fixed that could cause some custom plant varieties be to duplicated.
- Custom varieties can now be deleted by swiping the variety in the list to access the delete button.
- A new help system has been introduced to guide new users around the app.
- Numerous smaller bug fixes addressing issues around weather station and location lookup for some countries.
- Numerous improvements and fixes have been made to the remote backup feature; plans should now be sync'd much more reliably with your online account, and changes made using the online Garden Planner are available to you from within the app.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause crashes while editing garden plans.
- Fixed issues around copy/paste functionality - stray artifacts should no longer appear when pasting.
- Fixed an issue causing pasted objects to appear offset from the paste location on plans that have been zoomed in or out.
- New feature: You can now resize a plan by defining exact dimensions and which boundaries to extend/shrink. As a result of this new feature plans will no longer automatically resize themselves when adding artifacts outside of the plan's bounds.
- Fixed an issue that could cause plant notes to not save correctly.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause certain settings to be reset.
- Plant Varieties that have been customised with your own planting times are now correctly displayed on the plan's main plant list.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the plant totals counter to display an incorrect value if a plan included plants in both Square Foot and standard layout.
- The app now correctly bypasses weather station lookups for countries without weather station data.
- Numerous fixes to location lookup.
- A new backup system has been introduced that ensures you have local copies of your plans available to you via the iTunes documents feature in the main iTunes application.
- Support is included for loading plans into the app using backup files available via the iTunes documents interface.
- Improved the "Delete plan" feature; plans on the plan selection screen now include a settings button with an option to delete the plan.
- The issue that prevented some users from creating free accounts has been resolved.
- The issue preventing the editing of some text objects has been resolved.
- An issue that could (under some circumstances) cause the app to crash when selecting colors for shapes while drawing has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue that caused plant spacings to be displayed as 0 for some users.
- Fixed an issue that could display incorrect variety information if a filter had been applied to the varieties list.
- .. and numerous other smaller fixes.
There are also new features:
- The facility to change your country and location is now available on the settings page. If you had any difficulty setting your location in the previous version please use the new button on the Settings page to make sure that the app has the best settings for your area.
- The total number of plants for each crop or variety on your plan is now available on the plant list for each of your plans.